Saturday, July 25, 2009

Current Holdings In My Portfolio

My current holdings in my mock portfolio consist solely of Berkshire Hathaway (BRK) class A and class B shares. The company's core business is insurance, which includes property and casualty insurance, reinsurance and specialty insurance but it also oversees and manages subsidiary companies. I find BRK an attractive investment for the follwing reasons:

- It is a long standing company with a very solid track history
-It is currently under the supervision and direct influence of perhaps one of the best investors of all time, Warren Buffet.
-Diversified portfolio of holdings including but not limited to: retail, utilities, building products, financials, and retail.
- Berkshire has recently purchased preferred stock in Wrigley, Goldman Sachs, and GE totaling $14.5 billion.
In my opnion BRK is well poised to recieve a steady stream of revenue and profit greatly from a general market recovery in the future, given the nature of all the businesses that it controls. My timeline to get out of this investment is 2 years or a full economic recover, whichever comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment